During the Coronavirus Child Contact Centres have found themselves in unprecedented territory and that has meant that many have taken the opportunity to innovate in terms of the services that have on offer. NACCC are working hard to take a central position in supporting our centres to be able to safely work with families ensuring that some form of contact remains available so that most children do not need to go without. We have various information about how to do this and would welcome contact regarding any queries you might have.
Virtual contact services
In order to meet the needs of children and families whilst also complying with government advice NACCC has worked with our members to develop a range of technology enabled solutions to child contact.
Many centres are now able to provide virtual contact and you can now search for ‘virtual supported’ and ‘virtual supervised’ on our ‘Find a centre‘ advanced search.
NACCC would urge you, for the most up to date advice, to refer to your local government and council guidance.
Latest NACCC Coronavirus updates:
- Coronavirus at Child Contact Services in the UK.Information updated: 22nd July 2021. The majority of Child Contact Services are open and able to support children and their […]
- England National LockdownJanuary – March 2021 Guidance updated 24th February 2021. On 4th January 2021, the Government for England announced a National […]
- Covid-19 and Child Contact in Northern Ireland.Last updated 23.12.2020 – Please keep checking back here for updated information relating specifically to Northern Ireland. This post will […]
- Covid-19 and Child Contact in Wales.Information Last Updated 23.12.2020 Nadolig Llawen The Government in Wales is implementing a 4 Tier Lockdown system. At the point, […]
- England Local Tiers – Take 2Archived – None Current Information Last updated 30.12.2020 30.12.2020 Update – Child Contact Centres in all Tier areas remain open. […]