During the Coronavirus Child Contact Centres have found themselves in unprecedented territory and that has meant that many have taken the opportunity to innovate in terms of the services that have on offer. NACCC are working hard to take a central position in supporting our centres to be able to safely work with families ensuring that some form of contact remains available so that most children do not need to go without. We have various information about how to do this and would welcome contact regarding any queries you might have.
Virtual contact services
In order to meet the needs of children and families whilst also complying with government advice NACCC has worked with our members to develop a range of technology enabled solutions to child contact. Many centres are now able to provide virtual contact and you can now search for ‘virtual supported contact’ and ‘virtual supervised contact’ on our ‘Find a centre‘ advanced search.
NACCC would urge you, for the most up to date advice, to refer to your local government and council guidance
Latest NACCC Coronavirus updates:
- England Local Tiers – Take 2 (From 02.12.2020)The government in England is planning to end the lockdown. This will be replaced with a tiered system, which has […]
- England National Lockdown 2: Guidance for child contact centres and the people using them (2/11/2020)This guidance is applicable from the 5th November, in the scenario whereby a National Lockdown of England is approved by […]
- Face masks – NACCC guidance as at 22nd October 2020We have received an enquiry about face coverings so thought this might be a good opportunity to confirm some of […]
- Wales lockdown – NACCC guidance as at Thursday 22nd October 2020The Welsh Government has announced a “Fire Breaker Lockdown” relating to the whole of Wales. This will be for a […]
- NACCC Updated Covid Statement (England Only) 13-10-2020On the 12th October 2020 the government (England Only) produced guidance with the intention of providing clarity for areas with differing […]