Once your centre is accredited and up and running you can promote your service in the following ways:

  1. Contact local referring agencies (Cafcass, family law solicitors, mediation services, court) explaining how they can make a referral.
  2. Contact local agencies and voluntary groups working with separated parents (health centres/doctors surgeries, children’s centres, schools) explaining how their service users can make a self-referral and how to support them in doing this.
  3. As it is likely that family members will be referring to you direct via self-referral you will need to advertise in places where members of the public go regularly (for example, doctors’ surgeries, supermarkets, libraries, community centres). NACCC has awareness posters which can be ordered on request.
  4. Don’t forget your online presence – make sure you have a social media account for your organisation and a website with photographs explaining what you do.
  5. If you are a not-for-profit organisation, you can run a fundraising drive to help promote what you are doing and raise money for your service at the same time.
  6. Make contact with your local constituency MP to let them know about your service. See if your details can be added to their regular email newsletter.

Share this content...