Every centre will have an established referral process and this will be slightly different at every centre so it is always worth checking with them to be sure.
A typical process might look similar to the outline below:
- Referral form completed and sent to centre.
- This will be reviewed by a senior person or another person administering the referral process.
- Contact will be made with parents and professionals to review and confirm information in referral form.
- Risk assessment will be written so that the centre can understand and plan for any potential risk.
- Contact plan will be drafted.
- Pre-visit will be planned.
- Pre-visit with both parents will take place. Often referral information will be confirmed here. Plans and agreements will be signed.
- Risk assessment will be reviewed following pre-visit.
- First session will be planned.