The separation of your parents is a really hard thing to experience. It is important that you know that you have certain rights and that you know how you might be able to use those rights in certain situations. It’s never easy and if your parents are not getting along right now it might feel really lonely or you might feel powerless.

It’s important to know that there are people who care about you and will want to help you. Often this support is only a conversation away.

NACCC has worked with the University of Exeter and NYAS in order to put the following information together.

If you need help making your voice heard, there will be many people who would gladly support you with this, whether a teacher, family member, youth worker, or social worker.

Childline is also there to support you along the way, or you might like to contact NYAS by calling 0808 808 1001 or emailing them at You will also find lots of helpful information on theirĀ website.